The library book discussion group meets on the FIRST Thursday of the month at 3:30 PM. (We’ve met on the third Thursday for about a decade, but we’re moving to the first Thursday as of September 2021) Our meetings start with socializing, followed by an informal discussion. Please join us at any time! We are currently meeting in person, on the deck weather permitting, and probably using Google Meet when it’s not. Copies of the book are always available at the library.
- September 2 The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray
- October 7 The Chanel Sisters by Judithe Little
- November 4 The Last Collection by Jeanne Mackin
- December 2 Queen of Paris by Pamela Ewing Binnings
- January 6
- February 3 Man at the Helm by Nina Stibbe
- March 3 The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline
- April 7 Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
- May 5 Travels with George by Nathaniel Philbrick
- June 2
Someone’s in the Kitchen is our monthly Cookbook & Dinner Discussion. Enjoy the cookbook-of-the-month at home. Bring one dish to share at the potluck, where we talk about the book and food in general. You’re welcome to bring your family or a guest to the meal – there’s always more than enough!
This group is ‘on the back burner’ until further notice.
For Your Own Book Group
We are happy to get multiple copies of books for private book discussion groups. Just let us know your schedule, titles, and about how many copies you will need. We will have them on reserve for your book group members to check out, or you can designate one person to check out the entire set. Book sets take about two weeks to arrive and have a circulation period of three weeks. Please note, it can be difficult to get enough copies of current best sellers and new releases.