Reserves and Interlibrary Loan
Can’t find what you’re looking for on the shelves? You can easily reserve items that are currently in circulation and we will hold them for you on their return.
To reserve something at PPL
- go to the PPL online catalog
- Sign In to your account (see View your account)
- enter your search terms in the search box, select the appropriate heading from the drop down menu, click the magnifier
- on results screen, move your cursor to the cover and click Request This Item in the Quick View pop-up. (If your search results are displayed in List View or Grid View, the Request This Item button will be to the right of the screen.)
- add a cancellation date if desired; click Reserve
- you will be notified by phone or email when the item is available for you.
You can request items not held at Pomfret Public Library through CONNcert, the union catalog of CT libraries using the same software as Pomfret Public Library. The directions are the same as for reserves, above, but before you submit your search terms click on the icon that looks like a little stack of pancakes (we don’t know why…) and select CONNcert. When you ‘Request This Item – Submit’, a library that owns the item will ship it to Pomfret Public for you and we will notify you when it arrives. The delivery system is somewhat irregular due to budget cuts at the CT State Library, but most items arrive in 1-2 weeks.
If your are looking for something that is not held at Pomfret Public or any other CONNcert library, please contact Kim or Laurie. We can get most items through ‘fulfILLment’, the statewide interlibrary loan system.