We have Summer Reading Challenges for all ages!
Family Reader Program: 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
ages 0- 3
Accept the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge and collect a gift every time you and your little one reach a 100 book milestone!
Early Reader and Independent Reader Programs: Imagine Your Story
ages 3-7 and 7-12
Combine daily reading, a board game and imaginative story telling to earn Story Boxes with crafts, games, snacks and more!
Teen and Adult
A Word about Summer Events…
Watch the library website, Facebook and calendar for info about any kids summer events. We won’t be having special performances for Summer kick-off or closing this year, but we do hope to host some outdoor events for small groups once we can safely do so.
…and a Word about Family Time at the Library
Here’s what we’re doing to encourage safe use of the kids room once we are able to have the public in the library:
- family groups will be able to reserve the kids room for their exclusive use in 1/2 hour appointments from 10-2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Otherwise it will be first-come first-served with a limited capacity of four people. Reservations will be made through the library calendar.
- families can reduce the frequency of their library visits by requesting an extended checkout period (excepting NEW and high demand books) and collecting the entire Summer Reading kit at one time.
- all toys and some furnishings have been put away for now
- windows and doors will be kept open, weather permitting
- hand sanitizer, masks, six-feet, etc. whenever interacting with other library patrons or staff