Library Clerk – Saturdays 10 AM -2 PM
Summary: The Library Clerk is a customer service position. The clerk staffs the circulation desk, welcoming and serving library patrons of all ages, while performing a variety of clerical tasks. The clerk must be familiar with the use of databases, office equipment, and the Dewey Decimal System, and have general knowledge of public library functions, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Basic circulation desk functions, such as checking books in and out, placing reserves, issuing library cards and assisting patrons
- Shelving library returns in proper order
- Opening and closing procedures
- Other tasks as directed
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the public and associates
- Close attention to detail, well organized
- Competent using current technology
- Readily understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgement, able to work independently
- Constant light to moderate physical effort, including the ability to walk and stand for extended periods, bend, kneel, squat, and reach to put away books, lift boxes weighing up to 30 lbs., use office machines.
Reports to: Library Director
Hours: Saturdays, 10 AM – 2 PM. Candidate must be consistently available on Saturdays.
Applications accepted until the job is filled. To apply, send a brief resume and cover letter to Laurie Bell ([email protected]). The resume should include work history or achievements and accomplishments relevant to the position, and the cover letter should explain why you are interested in this job.