a summer of music-themed reading, events, concerts and activities
Record the minutes you spend reading this summer and earn some “Book Bucks”. Book Bucks are used to purchase prizes at the library store. Receive $1 in Book Bucks for every 60 minutes of reading. Earn bonus Book Bucks at 420, 840 and 1260 minutes. Additional $1 Book Bucks can be earned by attending library programs or completing challenges on your online WANDOO account.
NEW! Use WANDOO READER to register online and log your Libraries Rock! Summer Reading
- go to Wandoo Reader
- Click, join here and create a user name and password.
- Choose your Avatar and begin your adventure.
- Click the books tab at the top of the page to record your titles and minutes, remember to click finished book once it is completed. Challenges are unlocked as your Avatar levels up.
- Click the challenges tab to view your current unlocked challenges.
- Click on the title to reveal the instructions.
- Click on complete challenge once you have completed the task. Bring your finished challenge to the library to receive your “Book Buck”.
- Click on the awards tab at the top of page to follow your earned “Book Bucks”. Stop into the library and see any librarian to collect your earned “Book Bucks”.
- Click on settings to log out when done with entries.
Rather have a Print copy?
You can register at the library and get a paper log to record your minutes if you prefer not to register online.
Weekly activities, June 28-August 9
- Tuesdays @ 11 AM – All Ages Playlist – games and crafts suitable for a wide age range. We’ll be making musical instruments and edible crafts and playing games with Legos. Check the library calendar to find out what’s happening each week. Some events require registration so we will have enough supplies.
- Thursdays @ 10:30 AM – Rockin’ Good Story Times – for the read-aloud crowd! Join Miss Kim for some music & dance, stories & crafts. The target audience is toddlers and preschoolers; families are welcome to join in.
- Thursdays @ 12:30 – Tween/Teen Groove – We have some great activities planned for our older summer readers – Upcycled mandala CD art, DIY iPod speakers and more. Check the library calendar to find out what’s happening each week. Some events require registration so we will have enough supplies.
Summer Reading kicks off with a Shark-themed Family Magic Show with Steve Woyce. The audience will help make the magic happen as they learn amazing shark facts in this high-energy comedy magic show.
Animal Embassy will take families around the world with a unique group of rescued and adopted animals, representing diverse habitats. While exploring these habitats we will discover some of the musical instruments used by people indigenous to these regions including a rainstick, maracas or a drum. We’ll also discuss examples of animals that contribute to nature’s symphony including song birds, chirping crickets and chorus frogs. Families will meet incredible live Animal Ambassadors such as South American Chinchillas, North American Spring Peepers, a Cuban Tree Frog, an African Sulcata Tortoise, an African Lovebird or Australian Eclectus Parrot, an African Savannah Monitor and a Dumeril’s Boa from Madagascar.
Summer Concert Series
Enjoy an evening of local music at our Libraries Rock! Summer Concert Series Details Here.